For Elyse

I Love.....
The way
Your little hands wrap around my neck and squeeze your big baby cheeks against mine
The way
You say Ma-Ma, with your head cocked to the side and your eyes smiling at me
The way 
You run through the house, galloping like you’ve just been let out of the gate
The way 
You say come on I show you, pumping your hand and begging me to follow you like you have the biggest treasure to show me just around the corner
The way 
You dance any time there is a beat
The way 
You laugh at yourself and say, I funny
The way 
You laugh at anyone or anything just because you think the timing is right 
Really just the way
You laugh
The way 
You are always encouraging others and pat kids you don’t even know on the back and say good job buddy
The way 
You beam with pride whenever you can keep up with your brother
The way 
You say, “whatch dis!” and then run from one end of the room to the other then turn to us for applause as if you’ve completed your first marathon and then do it ten more times 
The way 
You sing Happy Birthday every day just as enthusiastically as if it were actually really some body’s birthday
The way 
You know your family and friends and ask about them all the time
The way 
You say Dew-wen, for Dillon
The way
You love to love
The way 
You scrunch up your nose and smile at me like we’ve got a secret to keep from everyone and that it’s that we love each other more than they will ever know
The way
You are so nurturing and concerned about others
The way
Your face looks and how you come running into my arms every time I walk in the door even if I just left to get the mail
The way 
You make everything you do yours
I Love Your Way

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who am I and what happened to the girl with the bag of Doritos?

Care to Compare?

My thoughts on a big question.....I would love to hear yours......