Who am I and what happened to the girl with the bag of Doritos?

In case you haven't noticed I am unbalanced, mentally, physically, emotionally, you name it. I have no shame. You probably are too, you're probably just wiser than to blog about it. (boring! where's the entertainment value in that?)

Truthfully up until now I have not had the desire to balance much, I have enjoyed my crazy, fun yet flighty, busy yet lazy, always doing something yet rarely completing anything unorganized self but man being unbalanced is exhausting. That's why I am working on balancing my life a little more.

My husband and I have simplified our lives very much over the past year and it feels fantastic. I love being what I used to consider selfish (my definition for not trying to save the world and everyone in it every day all day) for once and really just focusing on us and our little family.

Now that my priorities are in order I am working on balancing those things to fine tune my life a little more. As part of that effort Aaron and I have been working on prioritizing our health and bought a treadmill. Which in the past I would have been excited about the deal I bargain shopped it for, excited that I put it together myself and then as the excitement faded I would merely use it to hang my laundry.

However I have shocked myself and am actually using the thing! (Only a half hour at a time and only about 4 or five times in 2 weeks but those that know me probably just fell off their seat in disbelief) That in and of itself impressed me beyond belief but my newer "balancing" self hasn't just stopped there. In fact I just got off the thing after walking and reading! What????? I know I can't believe it either, that's why I had to tell someone or everyone. The reading part is the part that really gets me.....every one knows I think people who read must not have cable and when I say I read you probably think I mean I had the volume off and captions on while watching the E! channel or the new People came out but no I read part of an actual book! Craziness I know! I don't even know who I am any more!

I am now one of those dorky fitness people (probably shouldn't go that far but I will) that actually, dare I say it, enjoyed a chunk of time in which I was physically exerting myself while gaining knowledge. (Ha, probably not really any useful knowledge the book is titled, "You Say Tomato, I Say Shut Up!" Still a proud moment in my day. lol ;)

This is pure chaos and I have probably just thrown the whole universe off its kilter but fear not my friends for my Krispy Kreme breakfast and dollar slice night at Brucci's pizza will keep everyone safe! Afterall I do what I can. ;)

Comments

  1. I think you work out in order to eat what you want. At least that's what I tell myself when I am killing myself at the gym 4-5 days a week.
    Keep up the blog!
    Liz Allrich

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Care to Compare?

My thoughts on a big question.....I would love to hear yours......