Social Media Needs A Mama!


We live in a time full of social media and instant communication, that means everyone has a platform, everyone is saying something all the time and to the masses! 

If you really stop to think about that, it's a powerful position granted to anyone and everyone, yet it's not treated as such, people are not acknowledging the power of their words. 

A few clickity click clicks on our phones and we are carelessly representing ourselves to the world in a way that's not always flattering and often times offensive.

Most people are putting more thought into how they look in their profile pictures on these platforms rather than how they choose their words and what those words evoke in others as they speak their mind. 

This creates some very controversial, not nearly as productive conversations. 

I am very outspoken and can totally be the offender but it still lead me to wonder.

What if we spent as much time filtering our words as we do our selfies? 


What if we interacted with people online the way we were raised to in person. 

There is always much discussion on FB about adding a dislike button or people proclaiming "I wish there was a LOVE button!" 

I however suggest we skip all that and I propose a mama button!!! 

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying we shouldn't speak our minds but more so I'd like to focus on the fun we could have responding to those friends that we have that are always saying whatever they want whenever they want and yet we feel as though we have no socially acceptable response to. 

I offer the Mama Button solution because no one can get mad at "Mama" but we could still express how we truly felt about our friends post with one click of the mama button.

She tells it like it is, like we've always heard it, with love but firmness


Maybe social media just needs a mama.  


Here are some examples in which I'd like to rely on Mama on FB. 


To those friends that post a million hashtags under everyone picture 
  •  "Enough is enough already!" #youveruineditforeverybody 


To the constantly argumentative friend
  • "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all!"

To that friend that doesn't reply to your question
  • "Answer me when I ask you a question!"

To the girl in that picture who knows their mama raised them better than that
  • "Are you going out dressed like that?"

To that friend that always talks in caps
  • "Don't you use that tone with me!"

To that friend who posts nothing but their most recent Netflix marathons
  • "Go play outside, it's a beautiful day!!"

To the feuding couple who's relationship is always "it's complicated" every other weekend and in love the next
  • "I don't care who started it, I said stop!!!"

To the friend who makes the bold proclamation and then vaguely avoids   questions
  • "I don't know is NOT an answer!"

To your kids when they join Facebook
  • "I brought you into this world and I can take you out!"

To the friend who is always giving unsolicited advice
  • "If I want your opinion I'll ask for it!"

To the extra nosey stalkerish friend
  • "I don't have to explain myself to you.

To the friend who's posts are all over the place you find yourself worried about them
  • "I only want whats best for you"

To the friend who's always talking about their life as "one day......"
  • If you don't do it NOW when are you going to do it?

To the friend who's not a parent yet but thinks they know it all
  • "I hope someday you have a child JUST like you!"

To the friend who's always posting something and is all "get the tissues handy before you watch this one"
  • "If you don't stop crying, I am going to give you something to cry about!"

To the friend who's barely hanging on by a thread to the friends list 
  • "I've had it up to here with you!"

To the debbie downer friend who's always whining
  • "Life isn't fair, get over it!"

To the couple that has the joint account 
  • "It's not that i don't trust you honey it's that I don't trust everyone else."

To your friend's friend who made a comment that rubs you the wrong way
  • "Nobody asked you!"

The pranksters who take really odd pictures for shock value
  • "Put that down! You don't know where it's been!"

To the super inappropriate poster and their fake attempt to correct it
  • "Now say you're sorry and MEAN it!!!"

To the friend who complains about their family and then replicates them
  • "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

To the daily food post poster
  • "Shut your mouth and eat!"

For those people who have the lamest updates and think everybody is their personal google
  • "This hurts me more than it hurts you."

To the incessant game inviter
  • "What part of NO don't you understand?"

To the know-it-all friend
  • "Who died and made you boss?"

I don't know about you but I think these classic mom comments would make my life a heck of a lot easier! 

Maybe I will just make a second profile, MamaMedia and she can do all my talking for me. 

If you could add only one Mama button what would it be?







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who am I and what happened to the girl with the bag of Doritos?

Care to Compare?

My thoughts on a big question.....I would love to hear yours......